Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Report from the Art Star Craft Bazaar

Philly Art Star Craft Bazaar set up day 1
Philly Art Star Craft Bazaar - day one, so sunny!

Philly Art Star Craft Bazaar set up day 2
Philly Art Star Craft Bazaar - day two, so not sunny! Had to move everything in due to rain (but I think I like this set-up better).

Back from Philly! The show was. . . well. . . lets just say I met a lot of nice people and made a lot of people smile with my silly little felt things, funny name, and Tiger Beat photo of '80's era Matt Dillon. As for sales. . . yeah. . . I didn't do so well. Lots of people came by and said they loved my stuff but it seems Philly just didn't want to go steady with the boyfriend.

This was how bad it was. . . I only made $82 the first day. Now that's an outcome that can really knock a girl down a few pegs. . . a few hundred pegs. Maybe I've gotten cocky. . . but seriously, everything I make is freaking handmade! Appliqued by hand! Embroidered by hand! Painted by hand! Not only that, the work is impeccable! And my prices. . . my prices are not out of line. The way they are now I'm bairly getting paid for my work!

Sigh. . . anyway. . .

On the plus side I met some great people and the girls who run the Art Star Gallery are beyond great, that's the thing I have to focus on. . . lots of nice people. . . and the Northern Liberties area of Philly is just lovely. . . and I didn't get sunburned (and most everyone got sunburned on Saturday). . . that's something. . .

Hopefully Renegade Craft Fair will be more profitable. If it's not, I just don't know what I'll do with myself.

hearts and puppies,
erika

No comments: