Saturday, November 22, 2008

Felt Club was Felt-tastic!

Hey all! Just wanted to share the felt club fun with you all! I did a whole post about some of the other vendors I loved over at CraftStylish but didn't really get to talk much about my day. A day that almost wasn't!

I woke up Saturday to find out about the fires down in Southern California, one of which had closed, I-5, my way to the show. I spent that day frantically getting ready and checking the internet, thankfully things opened up around 10pm (but I did plan an alternative route that took me around the fires but that would have taken me twice as long to reach my destination, just in case!).

Then I started packing the car. . . Tom and I had spent days working on a new display that looked like a tabletop felt fireplace! I drew out the plan and measured my car before we started making it, but as I was loading the car I learned something. . . I'd measured the inside of my two door car but forgot to measure the door opening! The only way I could get it in was with both of the front seats folded down (very hard for driving). I tried and tried but couldn't get it to work. Freaking out, I called my dad for his truck but, no luck, he was out of town. Then it hit me! Bungie cords! I called my mom, she came to my rescue (a perk of now living close to home), and the display was bungied into place. Success!

I woke up early (just in case I had to take the alt route) but Sunday was the day that things were gonna go my way! I got to the show fine. . . met with Sarah. . . set up shop. . .
The New Holiday Display
And was ready to get selling!

The show went really great. I met a ton of lovely people and was lucky enough to be interviewed and photographed by the LA Times!
(Wish I didn't look so lumpy and tired but then again, I am a bit lumpy these days and I was very, very tired. I just wish I was photogenic. . . oh, well. . .)


















I also had great sales, a big surprise with things the way they are. . . all in all, I had a very happy day!

Oh! I also got to meet DJ Lance Rock from Yo Gabba Gabba! I love this show so much more than a person without children should, but it just makes me so happy when I watch it. Everything is so possible in the show which is a comfort for me these days. . . anyway. . . Yea DJ Lance!
DJ Lance, a robot, and me!
And he bought the robot!

So yeah, overall, I'd say it was a very good day and a very good show!

Okay, better run, gotta get back to work for Bazaar Bizarre on the 30th!

Hearts and puppies!
erika

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your fireplace display looks amazing! Congrats on the LA Times article as well!

erika said...

Thanks so much!!!

holly* said...

love how your display turned out! and i love that you met DJ LANCE ROCK!!! i type that as we watch our afternoon dose of yo gabba gabba! i do have a 2year old, so i have an excuse. on the other hand, i think her would rather watch thomas the train, but i gotta make him cool some how...

erika said...

Yeah, I have no excuse. . . but it makes me so happy! Everything's possible on Yo Gabba Gabba ans not succeeding isn't failure, it's a chance to try again!

Anonymous said...

vab банк
vab банк
[url=http://globalist.org.ua/?p=19244]vab банк[/url]
http://globalist.org.ua/?p=19244 - vab банк