Thursday, July 26, 2007

My landlords suck big fat toes!

I'm sure it will come as no surprise when I say that my landlords are turning into jackass shysters now that we're moving. Yes, I painted my apartment. Yes, I hung pictures on the walls. Yes, there's wear and tear but that's because we actually LIVED in the apartment for 2 years!!! I don't know much about the law but I do watch a lot of judge shows (Judy. . . People's Court. . . my personal fave. . . Judge Mathis. . .) and as far as I know you can't dock someone's security for the kind of basic wear that comes to a place after 2 years of living there. . . Someone should inform my landlords about that!

Grrrr.

I'm painting and patching like mad here and still it might not be enough! If anything I'm saving them money from having to have this place repainted. I bought the paint. . . I'm doing the labor. . . but still they're threatening to charge me if it's not done "right." I was told "your apartment has to be in perfect condition when you leave in order to get your deposit back in full, just like it was when you moved in. " Well, you know what. . . it wasn't in perfect condition when we moved in. It was a dirty sty! The bathroom was disgusting from the workers who had been in to paint and refinish the floors, the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen were full of crap, there was mysterious brown stuff on some of the doors and a hole punched into one of the closet doors! I'd say that's far from perfect. . . maybe I should leave it like that. . .

Man. . . there's a special level of hell where landlords like these end up. . .

Thank you for letting me rant. . . love you all. . . about as much as I hate moving. . .

hearts and puppies,
erika

PS- Dad's here and here's your first revelation. . . The man is terribly afraid of tunnels! Which makes getting out of here kinda hard. . . because the only bridge off this island in the direction we are heading is almost 2 hours out of the way. But I think I've convinced him that the Holland Tunnel is okay. . . at least I have for now. . . we'll see on Sunday. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.