Friday, March 30, 2007

Christmas in March!

Because July is so cliche. . .

Hi all! Had to take a break from the sewing and the prototyping to do a custom order for the lovely Charlotte. I'm not sure how she found me (a show? Etsy? crystal ball?) but she did and I'm the happier for it. It's great to be able to do custom work for someone who really lets you be you in your work. I've been lucky that way, all my custom orders have allowed me to keep it quirky, makes sense, since that's probably what brought the customers to me in the first place, but one does hear horror stories of crazy compromises! So far all of the things that people have asked me to do outside of my regular template have been awesome and have added to my repertoire. I am now currently knocking on wood that it stays that way!

Anyway. . . Charlotte is what we like to call an early bird here in my imaginary boyfriend HQ. She doesn't mess around with placing orders for Christmas decorations when the artist might have too much to do, heck no! She places those orders in March! I must admit, it was a bit hard to get back into Christmas mode but I was soon fa-la-la-la-la-ing along. Charlotte not only wanted stockings for her immediate family but for her cat family as well! Very fun, the cats on the stockings are my take on the picture she sent me.


Well, now it's back to the work on the non-Christmas line. I started stitching some pillow covers last night using this amazing purple vintage fabric I found on eBay and I can't wait to see if they turn out like the pillows in my mind (not to be confused with the "Windmills of My Mind").


Christmas hearts and puppies,

erika

No comments: