Saturday, February 16, 2008

Craft a day - 9 & 10, wherein Erika bends the rules a bit.

So I know that when I first began this venture I said that I'd make one thing a day and today's (well, today's and yesterday's) craft has taken me at least 4 but I needed to get a move on with this commission so I work on it all day yesterday and today. It's the first portrait in a 6 portrait commission. I'm happy with how it turned out but it was touch and go there for a while. I had to redo the mouth 4 times. See. . . men's portraits are sooo much harder, especially around the mouth, because if you use the wrong color it automatically looks like lipstick (which is what went wrong the first 2 times). After finally finding the right color I then stitched his lips WAY too big. It looked like he'd gone the scary starlet route and gotten massive amounts of collagen injected in them. Not a good look for a boy. Anyway. . . 4th time's a charm and I finally got it right! Have a look:
Craft a day- day 9
That's a sugar glider in his pocket, by the way.

Well, back to crafting!

Hearts and puppies,
erika

1 comment:

Stereoette said...

you did a super job. i love the sugar glider!