Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A craft a day!

So, some back story. . . Last year my friend Opus started a project, All New Year, where, starting on his birthday, he did one new thing a day for the whole year. The new things ranged from super exciting (sky diving!) to rather mundane (make a ringtone!) and every entry has been a super fun read. . . you should go right over there and start reading!

Wait! Go after you're done here.

Anyway. . . in honor of the final month of his new year he sent out this challenge:
"Today, I enter the final month, and I want to go out with a bang. So I ask you to join me, and not just on allnewyear.com. Let’s make this interactive. I’m sure there’s something you’ve always wanted to do, but never quite mustered up the balls. I’ll tell you what; I’ll lend you mine. After 11 months of new things, they’ve grown impressive."

So I'm accepting. . . in my way. For the next month I will be making one new thing a day and blogging about it! Plus, maybe this will get me out of my craft funk AND finally bulk up my Etsy shop. But I have to start tomorrow. . . today I have the flu. . . and the only thing I'm making is groany noises.

Hearts and puppies,
erika

No comments: