Friday, February 1, 2008

So much to blog about!

Firstly. . . my name is Erika and I'm a Rock Band-aholic. . . After watching my friends play Guitar Hero over and over and over and trying and failing miserably I begged them to get Rock Band.

You see, I suck at video games. . . just can't figure them and frankly most make me kinda nauseous with their movement. . . I get why others like them but I've never been all that into wasting my time on something for which I have no skill at all (same reason I avoid sports and heavy drinking). . . but man, I can sing! I have a degree in it! My vocal talent has never been in question, as one of my instructors at Conservatory once said, I was a waste of talent. . . my drive and ego were always in question but never my pipes. And with Rock Band you get to sing!

There was finally a video game I could play and not be lame! How awesome is that! Problem is. . . I became an addict immediately. . . We bought the game on Saturday, around noon, and over the 3 days I was visiting my friends I think I played it for nearly 30 hours!?!? We got take-out so we wouldn't have to leave. . . I learned the words to songs I never wanted to know just so I could advance on my solo tour. . . I learned the words to a Fallout Boys song for Christ's sake! I can never own this game! If I did I would never work, never leave the house (even less then I do now!), never do anything but rock (but not in the good way). . . This game is a danger to me and now I know. . . luckily my access is limited to my friend's house, 300 + miles away. I can visit Rock Band, but I can never, ever own it. . .

Now. . . onto what this blog is really about. . . making stuff and such. . . On that tip, I made a tie!
My first tie
It's my first foray into guy things. I'm quite happy with it. Actually. . . it's my second tie. . . the first used a commercial pattern and it was quite ugly, but I was able to learn from it and adjust it using what I learned as the tie girl in the New York branch of a British men's shirt and tie shop to come up with a pattern that made me happy. Here's the back:
Closer shot of back
I ordered some tags and as soon as they come the ties will be in my Etsy shop. I'm very excited about what will happen with these. . . they feel very high-end and they're made from vintage fabric (well, the lining isn't but the exterior is. . .) so they will be very limited. I can't wait to see where the line goes. New things are so exciting!!!

I have more to say but I don't want to make this post too long, too cluttered. Just know that there are more posts to come tonight and in the following days! Yippy!

Hearts and puppies,
erika

No comments: